The Global Apparel Manufacturing Industry Is Rapidly Changing
A Dramatic increase in manufacturing cost within China has left buyers searching for a long term, more cost competitive sourcing network. Other Asian countries have absorbed some of the volume leaving China, however this volume FAR exceeds what those countries can take on.
It's Time for Africa
Africa has a tremendous opportunity to emerge as the next major sourcing hub and capitalize on this industry shift.
However, Sub Saharan African countries are still in the very early stages of developing and establishing enough resources to become competitive in the apparel manufacturing industry. There are still many challenges that local African manufacturers face, and therefore the services these manufacturers can offer are often limited.
That's where we come in.
DTRT Apparel bridges the gap between what global buyers need and what Africa has to offer.
We offer customers a one-stop solution, delivering high quality products at extremely competitive pricing. And on top of that, we make sure that we have a foster positive social impact on our people and the communities in which we work.
Through a partnership with DTRT our customers get the best of both worlds, access to the leading textile procurement platform in Asia as well as duty free African CMT manufacturing capacities.
- Lack of Infrastructure
- Unskilled Labor
- Scarce Knowledge of Global Buyer Networks and connections
- Lack of local textile and other raw material infrastructure (need to buy from 3rd country)
- Access to capital to finance supply chain
- Lack of knowledge about international compliance standards
Africa's Apparel Manufacturing Potential:
- Availability of Labor: Immense Needs for the Creation of Jobs
- Highly competitive labor rates
- Overall favorable cost structure
- Duty-Free Trade Agreements (Sub Saharan Africa -AGOA)
- Government subsidies available